Friday, May 23, 2008

If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?

Well, I admit some of you may have voted for me thinking I was going to reduce Oil, Grocery and House prices but you should have read the fine print. You can’t hold me accountable!

What more can I do, honestly? I’ve appointed a Commissioner to look at petrol prices and an Inquiry to look at Food prices. I’m hoping my encouragement of interest rate increases and our policy of driving up unemployment will stitch up housing prices, if it doesn’t I’ll look into it.

My actual promise buried in the bravado and rhetoric was to LOOK at prices.

I’ve looked and there’s nothing I can do.

It was clearly John Howard’s fault that the global economy drove up petrol and food prices. Now of course it’s become a global issue, not mine.

I said the blame game was over, another promise you needed to read the fine print on. I’ll continue to blame John Howard and the Global Economy, not my mates in the states!

Anyway I’ve only been in charge for 6 months and despite saying on March 4th I’ll take full responsibility for the economy, read the fine print, I was only joking. It’s my wacky sense of humour surfacing again!

No comments: