I’ve spun myself into a lather with all my talk of Australian Working Families (AWF’s). But bugger me I have no idea who they are?
The Lemmings are all following Rudd’s Law and keep referring to AWF’s to justify everything we do.
But I think it’s time I finally defined who AWF’s are?
Here’s my current definition of Australian Working Families.
- They aren’t gay
- They aren’t families who work, if they make more money than others
- They aren't Carers or Pensioners and may not even be a family
- They don’t drive expensive European cars
- They could be a family with kids, but they may not be
- They may speak Mandarin - hopefully
- They can afford big mortgages, but not groceries or petrol
- They may be hurt by petrol prices because they’re driving a big luxury car
- They’re hopefully Union Members
- They don't drink alco pops
- They can be pregnant and work, but not be pregnant and work and be wealthy
- Sometimes they may not even work
- They don't use Solar panels on their homes
There it’s clear, and I have a mandate to protect these people come hell or high water and in due season.