Saturday, May 26, 2007

Never drunk so much tea

Well it was tense at home when Therese finally arrived. I boiled the kettle, closed my eyes and held my hands out. Nothing.. I knew it was going to be tough. Therese always brings me home the business class toiletry kit. I poured the tea and unpacked her suitcase.
"Well Kevin," she said, "I run a multi million dollar business finding jobs for the disadvantaged. I got you your current role didn't I? I pull about $2 million a year and you're lucky to get $100 thousand. I've played along with this 'Mr Peabody rules the world thing' for long enough now. Maybe you should be a stay at home Dad Kevin. You can be my little appendage, you always admired Dennis Thatcher didn't you".
"More tea Dear?"
It didn't go well, I need a real man to negotiate with her. I might call Sharan. I'm very confused with a bladder full of tea at the moment. I don't know how I'm going to tell Julia

No comments: