Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Watch Grocery Prices tumble

Hang on Australia, your Red Spot specials start now!

My Grocery inquiry has shown what I suspected all along. I did deceive Australian Working Families into voting for me on the false assumption I could reduce Grocery prices.

After the success of Fuel Watch and the Petrol Cop, here comes Grocery Watch. If you don't think that won't reduce Grocery prices then try Unit Pricing!

Unit pricing will be compulsory even though everyone has already said they'll do it. You'll now know all the hidden secrets of those tricky retailers.

A Variety Pack of Chips is more expensive per gram than a 2 kg bag of chips. Thank you Unit pricing. Thank you Kevin Rudd!

So buy the kids 2kgs for their lunchboxes, add to the obesity crisis....but do it with the knowledge you've saved money. (per gram anyway!)

Don't thank me now - wait until the next election!

No comments: