Friday, December 7, 2007

My Climate Change policy is more HOT air


In Opposition I rightly accused Prime Minister Howard of being asleep on climate change. Global warming was clearly his fault and Australia's position in not ratifying Kyoto was the deal breaker in not getting the major polluters to the negotiating table.

In my "race to ratify" I had finally broken the global deadlock. Standing ovations in Bali, I am truly a global hero of Al Gore proportions.
The Inconvenient Truth is no one told me it would cost jobs, devastate my beloved Australian Working Families (apart from John Howard). Even my command of Mandarin wouldn't be enough to get China, India and the USA to sign up to binding targets. Come to think of it, it probably won't get me to commit.

Oh well it's Garrett's fault! Can't be all bad...it got me elected and Canberra's climate's become more like home every day.

No comments: